IAC Key Facts
IAC (NASDAQ: IAC) is a leading media and Internet company comprised of some of the world’s most recognized brands and products, such as HomeAdvisor, Vimeo, About.com, Dictionary.com, The Daily Beast, Investopedia, and Match Group’s online dating portfolio, which includes Match, OkCupid and Tinder. The company is headquartered in the Chelsea neighborhood of New York City and has business operations and satellite offices around the world.
555 West 18th Street, New York, NY 10011
IAC HQ Website: http://www.iachq.com/
Chairman & Senior Executive
IAC’s core areas of operation are HomeAdvisor, Publishing, Applications, Video, Match Group, and Other. The company reports revenue in the following segments:
- HomeAdvisor: A leading nationwide home services digital marketplace, HomeAdvisor helps connect consumers with home professionals.
- Publishing: IAC Publishing brings together some of the web's most trusted publishers, including premium brands About.com, Dictionary.com, Investopedia and The Daily Beast. The segment also includes Ask.com, ASKfm and CityGrid.
- Applications: This segment includes direct-to-consumer downloadable desktop and mobile applications, including SlimWare (subscription desktop software) and top iOS developer Apalon, and IAC's partner-facing applications business.
- Video: IAC's collection of premium digital video properties, including Vimeo, DailyBurn, Electus, IAC Films, CollegeHumor and Notional.
- Match Group: Match Group is the world’s leading provider of dating products, with a portfolio of over 45 brands, including Match, OkCupid, Tinder, Meetic, Twoo, PlentyOfFish, OurTime, BlackPeopleMeet and FriendScout24.
- Other: This segment includes ShoeBuy.
5,000 employees worldwide
IAC generated over $3.2 billion in revenue in 2015
IAC issued its first quarterly dividend of .12 per share on November 3rd, 2011
The quarterly dividend was doubled to .24 per share on July 25, 2012
The quarterly dividend increased 40% to .34 per share on July 30, 2014
Click here for detailed financial information.
500 million monthly unique visitors across IAC sites
2.5+ billion monthly visits across IAC sites
2014: The Princeton Review
2012: The About Group
2005: Ask Jeeves
2003: LendingTree and remaining interest in Ticketmaster, Expedia and Hotels.com.
2002: Expedia (controlling interest)
Click here to view all of IAC's major milestone and acquisitions.
Initial Public Offering of Match Group
Match Group shares began trading November 19, 2015 on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the ticker symbol “MTCH.” As of March 31, 2016, IAC’s ownership interest and voting interest in Match Group were 84.6% and 98.2%, respectively.
In August 2005, Expedia (EXPE) split from IAC as a separate publicly traded company. In December 2011, TripAdvisor (TRIP) spun out from Expedia.
In August 2008, IAC split into five separate publicly traded companies.
HSN, Inc. (HSNI)
Interval Leisure Group, Inc. (IILG)
1986 as Silver King Broadcasting Company.
Fortune Magazine's World Most Admired Companies (2015, 2012, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006)