IAC Relaunches ServiceMagic As HomeAdvisor: The Next Generation Of Online Solutions For Home Improvement And Repair Projects
HomeAdvisor Website Features Comprehensive Tools Providing Homeowners with Connections to Pre-Screened Service Providers, Project Cost Guides and 24/7 Emergency Repair Support
DIY/HGTV Network Star Amy Matthews Joins as Home Improvement Expert for the New Brand
NEW YORK, Oct. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today IAC (NASDAQ: IACI) announced the launch of HomeAdvisor, formerly ServiceMagic, a newly re-launched website that connects homeowners with pre-screened and customer-rated service professionals and provides a suite of comprehensive tools, products and resources to help with home improvement, maintenance and repair needs. Access to all of the site's features is free, with no membership required. HGTV Network and DIY Network star Amy Matthews, currently host of DIY Network's Sweat Equity, is joining HomeAdvisor as the brand's Home Improvement Expert.
"Unlike other online services that just offer a list, we provide free access to the nation's largest network of pre-screened professionals across 500 home project categories, as well as robust tools and solutions for home projects," said Chris Terrill, chief executive officer, HomeAdvisor. "HomeAdvisor provides a unique and needed resource to the more than 75 million homeowners in the U.S., and helps empower them to make informed home repair, maintenance and improvement decisions."
According to a recent survey* by Harris Interactive, 83 percent of homeowners have concerns when hiring a service provider / contractor. HomeAdvisor provides solutions to these concerns through its unique features and free tools which are:
- ProFinder - HomeAdvisor's patented ProFinder technology connects a homeowner with pre-screened and customer-rated local service professionals for over 500 home improvement, repair and maintenance project needs. Once a homeowner inputs a home repair need, the ProFinder technology analyzes that request and instantly connects that homeowner with up to four local service professionals who have been background-checked and are qualified and available to do the job.
- Pro Reviews – An online directory with a database of over 1.7 million verified and trusted reviews of service professionals from homeowners who have used their services.
- Home911 – A mobile app that enables users to take control of any home repair emergency by giving instant access to pre-screened service professionals and live 24/7 support with the Home911 Homeowner Emergency Line. The Home911 app is currently available on iOS.
- Cost Guide – A comprehensive guide to home project cost profiles encompassing hundreds of project types, providing city, state and national project costs based on 600,000 cost profiles provided by real users.
- Limited Service Guarantee – Homeowners are backed by a Limited Service Guarantee, which helps resolve disputes with service professionals, including limited compensation in certain circumstances.
"As a licensed contractor, I continually hear from homeowners that they struggle with all phases of a home project from planning through completion," said Amy Matthews, HomeAdvisor's Home Improvement Expert. "HomeAdvisor provides a one-stop solution, with project cost guides, tools to find reputable service providers, and emergency home repair support."
For more information on HomeAdvisor and its services, visit www.HomeAdvisor.com. Home improvement tips and videos are available by visiting www.Facebook.com/HomeAdvisor, by following @HomeAdvisor on Twitter and by subscribing to the YouTube channel at www.YouTube.com/HomeAdvisor.
HomeAdvisor, formerly ServiceMagic, is a leading website and mobile app provider offering comprehensive solutions, tools and resources for home improvement, repair and maintenance projects. Harnessing 13 years of expertise helping more than 25 million people find a trusted home service professional, HomeAdvisor features the patented technology of ProFinder, showcasing the nation's largest network of over 80,000 pre-screened, customer-rated and reviewed home improvement professionals. Homeowners can make informed home project decisions using resources including: Pro Reviews, featuring reviews from homeowners who have actually been connected with the service professionals they review; Cost Guide, providing average costs for projects coast-to-coast; Home911, offering dedicated 24/7 emergency home repair support; as well as robust home tips and project planning tools. Access to all of the site's features is free for homeowners, with no membership or fees required. HomeAdvisor is based in Golden, CO, and is a subsidiary of IAC (NASDAQ: IACI).
IAC (NASDAQ: IACI) is a leading media and Internet company comprised of more than 150 brands and products, including Match.com, Ask.com, CollegeHumor, and CityGrid Media. Focused in the areas of Search, Match, Local and Media, IAC's family of websites is one of the largest in the world, with nearly a billion monthly visits across more than 30 countries. The company is headquartered in New York City with offices in various locations throughout the U.S. and internationally. To view a full list of the companies of IAC, please visit our website at www.iac.com.
*This survey was conducted online within the United States between August 8 - 10, 2012 among 2,252 adults age 18+, of whom 1,431 were identified as homeowners, by Harris Interactive on behalf of HomeAdvisor via its Quick Query omnibus product. Figures for age, sex, race/ethnicity, education, region and household income were weighted where necessary to bring them into line with their actual proportions in the population. Propensity score weighting was used to adjust for respondents' propensity to be online.